I think Maddies blankie needs a make-over
I should have fixed it long ago, when it was just the corners.
now the whole edge has to be stripped. My grandma made this for her right before she was born.
I cut it out and she sewed it for me. So I took my time getting to it, I really didn't want to mess it up.
but it finally had to be done, Maddie was begging me to fix it. It's just that my grama sewed so perfectly and I'm kind of a quick get it done kind of girl.
I pulled the top half completely off. (If you sew and know of a better way, please let me know)
and added a new strip to the outer edge. (Maddies pick of fabric)
The whole time I was cutting the top off, she was telling me to be careful with the green side (the back) because she loves it so much, she said.
I tried to keep the old strip attached, I'm sentimental like that.
It's a little smaller now. but she loves it still.
It came out pretty nice. I only wish it was my grama who fixed for her.
The best Thank you ever though is her telling me " I love you mommy" as I'm fixing it, knowing I'm taking care of something she loves.



No comments:
Post a Comment