Friday, June 11, 2010

The Garden/Yard

The garden in it's second year!



2 weeks prior-
The garden before the mini snap dragons took over










The snap dragons in full bloom











can you believe this was quart size plant that I rescued from the clearance section! In fact that's were I get most my babies from the dieing section at 11/2 or more off. I love seeing them come back in full glory! If I pay full price I almost always divide them in half.





My bleeding heart after got it trampled this morning, I was so sad, it was so beautiful and had more than doubled this year.
The 5 or 6 peonies that I had planted as bulbs were all out this year, but being only there second year I didn't receive any blooms.





Here's a lilac 1 of 2. I didn't receive blooms from these as well. They were to mangled from the dog and I had moved locations on them several times. But they are doing well here and are no longer torchard by the animals. I expect to have less lilac envy next year. (I was so tempted to cut other peoples flowers in the night just to fill my house with them.)










Here's our new peach tree and grape vine. There replacing the cherry and Maple that didn't make it.












This is where we plan to put in the raised vegetable beds. Hopefully next year.
sorry a little photo happy, my dad asked to see the garden, and a gardener just can't help but want to show off her goods!

1 comment:

  1. There is no way you are going to leave Colorado with a yard like that! It just makes Vegas depressing!

    ReplyDelete