Saturday, January 16, 2010

snow snow go away...

Christmas is over and the catalogs are rolling in. I need to be in the garden again. The snow was fun for a little while but I really want to see my tulips breaking through and the trees leafing with blossoms.




It's the end of winter that makes me long for my year-round Cali garden. In the beginning the snow seems like it will be a nice break. but as the holidays pass and the fun of winter slows I stare out the window and dream of year two in our new garden. The trees will be bigger (I may just get an apple or two) and most of the flowers will double and I just can't wait to see them.




For now this is what I see out my window. only to look forward to color in the garden and dirt under my nails.

2 comments:

  1. OH the Burpee... I know those pages well ;)
    XoxoGapGirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the catalog shopping :) Oh, I would love to do a garden! I have the space and soil, but I refuse to fight the deer. Everyone around here with a garden has super tall fences, netting and electric fence. I'll just have to hit the farmer's markets.

    ReplyDelete